Project presentations will take place on Tuesday Dec 4 starting at
Each student will be given 20 minutes for a presentation and
minutes for handling questions from class members..
Your presentation should include a set of slides (in
It is requested that you e-mail Professor Carter your slides at least
24 hours prior to the time of your presentation so that he can post
to the presentation.
contain large portions of text. The purpose of slides is to provide
organization to the ideas that you will be presenting. Thus slides
should be relatively sparse. A typical slide with text would have a
title for the slide and between 1 and 5 main points. Each point should
just use a few words to introduce the idea that you will be discussing.
Where you have a slide containing a graphic, it should be preceded with
a slide containing a complete and usable alt-text description of the
graphic and should be clearly labeled as a being an alternate slide.
This alternate slide will not be included in the count of the number of
slides discussed below.
You presentation should include:
- Based on your project
- (1 slide - 15 seconds)
- contains: title for your project, your name, and
- NOTE: Do not waste time with a table
of contents slide - this presentation is too short to need one
|Context of Use
- Identify the context of your project
- Discuss why this project is good for usability
- (1 slide - 1 - 2 minutes)
- contains: title for slide and outline of points that
will discuss to justify why your project is helpful/useful and for who
it is helpful/useful
| Source Information (for Analysis)
- Discuss the main sources of information that you used
in this project
- (1 - 2 slides - 3 - 5 minutes)
- contains: title for slides and outline of major
information (idea, author, date) that you used in your project
- Discuss the main activities that you
undertook in this project.
- (This should include a discussion of any problems
and how you overcame them.)
- (1 - 3 slides - 3 - 5 minutes)
- contains: title for slides, outline of activities and
you accomplished them and any problems that you had to overcome.
- If you have not completd the design phase of your project
- Describe the information that you obtained in your analysis and discuss how it will be transformed in your design
- If you have mostly completed the design phase of your project
- Describe the results of
your project and
what you did to ensure that they are usable.
- (4 - 8 slides - 7 - 10 minutes)
- contents: will very based on your project
- Very briefly discuss what's next for your project after the design is completed
- Will it be good enough to be used, if so by who and for
- Will it need more work for it to be useful, if so
type and how much work?
- Is it just a class project that has little or no
use, if so why is this the case?
- (1 slide - 30 seconds)
- contains: title for slide and recommendation(s)
Students should practice their presentations ahead of time to ensure
that they can deliver them in the 20 minutes available.
Students should also ensure that their presentations contain
at least 15 minutes of content.
Copyright © 2018 - Jim A. Carter Jr